The Dr. John M. Folks PTA Nominating Committee is at work to recruit a strong, dedicated executive board for the 2013-2014 school year. Be part of this exciting inaugural year by contributing unique experiences from your work and personal life. The time commitment varies by position, with some taking only a couple of hours a month. Board meetings are held once a month and general meetings are held four times a year.
No prior experience is necessary. We are looking for reliable, team players who want to be involved, have fun, and make a difference! Please see attachment for the elected board positions.
If you are interested in being part of next year’s executive board or have any questions, please contact a member of the Nominating Committee by Friday, May 3.
Diane Heiman firstname.lastname@example.org
Priscilla Garza email@example.com
Jody Weitman firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. John M. Folks MS PTA Officer Descriptions
• Preside at all meetings of the association.
• Coordinate the work of the officers and committees of the association.
• Represent the Local PTA as a delegate to the Council PTA.
• Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating and audit committees.
1st Vice President of Membership
• Coordinate PTA membership drives.
• Maintain the PTA membership roster.
• Distribute membership cards.
• Submit paperwork for membership awards.
• Preside in the absence of the president (in their designated order).
2nd Vice President of Ways and Means
• Coordinate PTA fundraisers held during the school year.
• Record the minutes of all meetings of the association.
• Be responsible for correspondence.
• Have custody of all the funds of the association.
• Keep books of account and records including bank statements, receipts, budgets, invoices, paid
receipts and canceled checks in accordance with the records retention policy.
• Make disbursements in accordance with the budget adopted by the association.
• Present a financial report, both written and verbal, at every meeting of the Local PTA.
• Complete and file all necessary tax documents.
**All board members are expected to attend monthly board meetings and the four (4) general membership meetings.