Evening High School's mission is the mission of the Northside Independent School district. "The mission of the district is to encourage each student to strive for personal excellence and to ensure all students learn to function, contribute, and compete as responsible individuals in an ever-changing world."
The Evening High School program is located in building F on the campus of Holmes High School. It is a "Closed Campus" which means that once students arrive at school, they remain on campus until classes are finished for the evening. No visitors are allowed on campus unless cleared by the Principal. Security cameras have been installed throughout the campus and are a deterrent for anyone who might violate NISD policy and EHS rules. The security system is operational and every area on the campus is monitored, including the parking lot.
Entering & Exiting
- Students MUST park in the parking lot labeled "Student Parking".
- The parking lot will be patrolled by the Evening High School police officer and should provide adequate protection for students' vehicles
- Students are prohibited from returning to the parking lot until dismissed from class
- The parking lot is off limits during class hours, including during break time
NOTE TO STUDENTS
- Students are to enter the building immediately upon arrival to Evening High School
- Students are required to leave campus immediately after classes have been dismissed
- Students MUST make arrangements to have their rides waiting to pick them up promptly after classes are dismissed
NOTE TO PARENTS
- Please pick up your child at 8:30 p.m. each evening (please see the Calendar)
- Parents are reminded that these are regular school nights (students attend classes at their "home" school the following day). Therefore, students should be home immediately after evening classes are dismissed.
Care of the Campus
Northside ISD takes great pride in the cleanliness of its campuses. Therefore it is the responsibility of each student to assist in keeping the Evening High School campus clean and respect the pride of the campus. Students are expected to understand and follow the rules to care for the Evening High School campus.
- Place all trash in the trash receptacles
- Do not leave trash on the tables in the snack bar area or on the grounds of the patio
- Breaks are a privilege and can and will be taken away if students fail to keep the campus clean
Mike Garrett, EHS Campus Police
Return to Top