Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register my child?
Rita Kay Driggers Elementary School is located at 6901 Shadow Mist (View Map).
Our phone number is 397-5900.
Please bring the following documentation for your child:
· Birth Certificate (original only)
· Proof of Residence (current CPS bill, water bill, lease, or mortgage only)
· Immunization Records (Details)
· Social Security Card
· Photo Identification of Parent / Guardian registering the child
· Last report card from previous campus
Information on the free and reduced lunch program is available online.
Please see: NISD Child Nutrition Department
Meal Assistance Info: http://www.nisd.net/child-nutrition/free-reduced-lunch-applications
School bus service is made available to students who live two miles or more from school, or students who live where they must walk in hazardous traffic areas. More information is available on the Boundaries and Buses page. You may view more FAQ's about Transportation here. We will also have information in the office when we open.
We welcome, encourage and value parental involvement. Individuals will be given an array of opportunities to support the school. We encourage you to join the Rita Kay Driggers PTA. More information will be forthcoming soon. Be sure to complete the online background check for volunteers.
Northside Learning Tree After School Enrichment Program will be at Driggers Elementary beginning the 2011-2012 school year.
Please see page A-1 of NISD's Student-Parent Handbook.
· Check out the Rita Kay Driggers website for current information.
· Check your child's backpack daily for notes and flyers.
· Communicate with your child's teacher.
Northside ISD follows the state mandate of
· 22 students in Pre-K, Kinder, & 1st
· 24 students in 2nd-4th
· 26 students in 5th
· A note will be sent home if we have to ask for a waiver in PK-4th to go over 22 per class.
Please check Northside's website for any changes.